is one of the fastest-growing residential and commercial real estate companies and has a global community designed and powered by agents.
Traditional real estate brokerages generally follow the same setup: Agents and staff work out of a brick-and-mortar office, commission structures are established, and then agents are pretty much on their own.
But eXp Realty takes a hugely different approach. For one thing, eXp Realty’s mantra is “agent success obsessed,” which means it is laser-focused on helping agents and brokers succeed professionally and grow financially in ways that a traditional brokerage cannot. That’s why eXp Realty, which launched in 2009, continues to attract agents and grow at a record pace.
Let’s take a look at 12 ways eXp is different than a traditional real estate brokerage:
Or cut to the chase and just give me the bullet points!
- One brokerage — Instead of individual franchises all over the place, eXp Realty is one brokerage. And, eXp is not only in the United States! eXp has expanded internationally into Canada, the United Kingdom and Australia.
- Virtual workplace — Instead of brick-and-mortar offices, eXp Realty agents, brokers and staff work from home or anywhere they desire. By using eXp’s robust technology (see below), there are no commutes to and from the office. Agents are very mobile and make their office wherever there is an internet connection.
- Collaborative technology — eXp uses cutting edge tools and technology to collaborate with agents and staff. Two of the main tools are eXp World and Workplace, which are used 24/7.
eXp World is eXp’s virtual world in which eXp agents and staff members move about and communicate with each other via their own personalized avatars on a large online campus, complete with offices for support staff such as accounting, brokerage operations, and human resources. There are meeting rooms and large auditoriums for the entire company to gather and even fun places — like the beach and soccer field. The experience is similar to the popular life simulation video game, The Sims.
Workplace is a Facebook product and is one of eXp’s most effective and popular communication tools because it helps the global eXp agent community interact seamlessly with one another in a quick, chat-like setting.
These two tools engage eXp’s massive agent population and allow them to interact seamlessly across states and time zones to talk out ideas and partnerships.
- Live training and classes — While traditional brokerages may have some cursory classes and onboarding, eXp’s training is robust and ongoing. New agents are given a curriculum to follow for the first few months. There is continuous support with live, ongoing classes 50 hours a week for all agents covering tips on sales and listings, lead generation, social media, CRM tools and more. Sessions are recorded, so there’s no fear of missing a class!
- Real-time support — No need to hope an IT professional is accessible and available. eXp’s IT and service support staff is available during working hours across U.S. time zones, offering support for any question or need — technical or otherwise.
- Marketplace partnerships — eXp’s Preferred Partner program provides eXp Realty agents and their clients with a marketplace for home-buying and -selling services such as mortgages, title, escrow, moving services and home warranties. Everything is set up for an eXp agent to seamlessly keep the transaction moving forward.
- National and international collaboration — eXp is an intensely collaborative company where agents are eager and willing to help other agents near and far. This can happen organically through eXp World or Workplace or through programs such as ICONversations and Agents Helping Agents — two programs in which top-producing eXp agents share their tips on success with other eXp agents. Also, referrals can come from anywhere across the country, as well as internationally — and they do!
- Agents can be shareholders — Yes, that’s right. Agents can receive shares of stock in eXp World Holdings (eXp Realty’s parent company) after reaching milestones. Owning stock in the company not only provides financial security , but it also gives agents a voice in the company and enhances their commitment to helping eXp succeed.
- Bigger commissions — At eXp, the commission model is an 80/20 commission split with a $16,000 annual cap. That means each time an agent closes on a property, they keep 80% of the commission and 20% goes to eXp. Once the agent hits the $16,000 cap in their anniversary year, they keep 100% of the commission per transaction.
- No costly overhead — Traditional brokerages have hefty setup charges for agents. But since eXp is a virtual environment, agents are not hit with costly overhead fees passed onto them for brokerage operations such as rent, desk fees, insurance, utilities, furnishings, staff and more. This frees up profits, which go back into the eXp business for agent support, training and technology.
- Revenue share plan — Whenever an eXp agent brings a new agent into eXp, they are “sponsoring” that agent and can receive revenue share income from the future sales activity of that sponsored agent. To be clear: eXp pays that share — not the new agent.
- Healthcare — Starting in 2019, eXp introduced innovative and low-cost healthcare options for agents. While some real estate brokerages do offer health insurance plans, this is just another example of eXp prioritizing its agents’ well-being and success.
Ready to build your future with eXp? Click here.For more detailed and more information, visit https://expglobal.partners/
- 1 Broker with offices ares around the world – more collaboration AND you can build your business with a team of agents world wide with your own branding without franchise fees, liabilty and overhead.
- Agent Growth Incentive Program 1
- Agent ICON Program 2
- Technology help at your fingertips
- Mentor program
- 1000 Free business cards
- Live, virtual training daily on hundreds of topics
- Agent Equity Program 3
- No desk fees
- No franchise or royalty fees
- Revenue share program 4 that can be bequeathed.
- Group insurance programs
- Create generational wealth with revenue share program
- Independent CRM – KVCore 5 ($500/mo value)
- EXP is cloud based: No office expenses, easy to scale
- Easy & organized transaction processing
- EXP Workplace: (Facebook) virtual, shared community with over 70,000 agents worldwide and growing exponentially.
- EXP Workplace country groups for referrals and shared information.
- EXP Virtual World. Enter 24/7 to visit offices around the world.
- Attend auditoriums for live training
- EXP University
- Admin and technology help
- Networking opportunities unlike anything before
- Membership to thousands of Regus shared office locations around the world.
- Agent Growth Incentive Program - Cap (80/20 split until pay 16k) - 1st Transaction Recruited agent does 1st transaction
- ICON Agent Award- Pay cap + 20 more closings $16k returned in stock. ICON Agent Award recognizes agents who've achieved exceptional production goals and positively impacted company culture with up to $16,000 in publicly traded EXP stock (paid 16k cap and closed 20 more deals)
- Agent Equity program - Enroll in stock purchase program with each transaction
- Revenue Share Program 50% of eXp revenue is shared back to agents (not the same as profit sharing)
- Ranked #1 by 250K Agents, kvCORE is a complete real estate platform; a website & CRM combined to create follow-up automation
- Individually owned – more competitors
- 50/50 split (or less) for new agents 70/30 split (or less) for seasoned agents
- Monthly desk fees
- Monthly E&O fees
- No CRM, if so, brand dependant
- No healthcare plans
- No leads provided
- Broker compliance review fees
- Franchise fees
- Access to a discounted online CE and training provider
eXp is one of the fastest-growing residential real estate brokerages in the world, with a presence in 18 countries: United States, Brazil, Australia, Canada, France, Spain, Germany, India, Mexico, Portugal, South Africa, Puerto Rico, Italy, Israel, Panama, Columbia, Hong Kong and the United Kingdom. Soon opening in Japan.
At eXp, individual success is leveraged through a collaborative effort. eXp’s environment not only promotes growth but encourages inspiration, allowing others to grow too. All of this is supported by eXp’s unique equity awards opportunities, which create an undeniable shared interest in the success of our organization.
Our rapidly growing, global community continues to break boundaries while creating value for our shareholders.eXp World Holdings and its family of companies, understands our global role to run a business that is sustainable for our agents and their clients, as well as for the greater good and our planet.
Our view on sustainability starts at the beginning, when our founder, Glenn Sanford, sought to disrupt the traditional brokerage model – built on franchises, brick and mortar, and the sprawl of real estate offices – and founded a brokerage that operated 100% as a virtual company. As an industry disruptor, we do not own any corporate real estate, nor do we require our agents to own or rent properties. We are running all operations through the cloud, leveraging our virtual platform to empower agents, partners and clients alike.
This unique cloud-based model allows us to drastically reduce our carbon footprint. It provides the opportunity to move towards a paperless world and helps us reduce the costs associated with physical office spaces, which means the eXp model is not only green, but truly borderless for our agents and partners around the world.
eXp Realty Canada Inc. is the only brokerage in Canada licensed in every province. Because of this we are more connected to our fellow agents across the country.
Our listings are marketed globally not just locally or nationally. eXp offers unique services for eXp agents and clients alike. Whether you need a commercial broker, a relocation specialist or support accelerating the home buying/selling process, we are dedicated to providing you with the best solutions.
2021 EXP IN THE NEWS!
- Recognition for eXp Realty’s unique approach to real estate brokering continues to be recognized as eXp was just named the 2021 Inman Innovator of the Year for a Brokerage during the annual Inman Connect conference being held in Las Vegas.
- Other contenders in this category included longtime, reputable brokerages such as Coldwell Banker, RE/MAX and Windermere, as well as upstarts Compass, Redfin and @properties
- As 2021 comes to a close, eXp Realty is not slowing down in terms of attracting awards and accolades. Today, eXp Realty received a 2021 META WORKPLACE CUSTOMER SUCCESS AWARD IN THE INNOVATION CATEGORY.
- IN NOVEMBER 2021, EXP’S SHARE PLANS WERE OFFICIALLY RECOGNIZED BY THE GLOBAL EQUITY ORGANIZATION WITH A GEO AWARD IN THE MOST INNOVATIVE & CREATIVE PLAN DESIGN CATEGORY.
- Thriving during unpredictable times such as a pandemic is truly a feat. eXp World Holdings has not only thrived, but was named among the fastest-growing companies in North America at the Deloitte Technology Fast 500™ virtual awards celebration, which took place on Nov. 16. eXp placed 129th out of 500 nominees, ranking ahead of household names such as Zoom, Square and Etsy. In the Pacific Northwest Region, eXp placed second.
- As an innovative software developer, three-time Inman Innovator Award finalist, serial startup founder and Vice President of Technology Innovation and Real Estate at eXp Realty®, Seth Siegler has been leading the way in real estate tech for nearly 20 years. In 2021, he was officially recognized as a HousingWire Tech Trendsetter