Six Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: CAN HOMES SELL FASTER AND AT A HIGHER PRICE?
These results can be easily achieved and at a reasonable cost. UpStage keeps up-to-date statistics on market time and what the increase in listing price was because we staged a property coming on the market. For more information, talke to a Home Staging Specialist.
Q2: WHAT ARE THE STEPS TO STAGING A HOME?
Q3: WHAT DOES STAGING COST?
A Home Staging Services Specialist visits a property. During that visit they and perform a Home Evaluation and later present different staging solutions for the seller's consideration.
The listing Agent, Seller & Services Specialist agree on the staging date.
A Staging Property Stylist creates a thorough "Stylizing-to-Sell Design Plan"and our Property Styling Team visits the Seller's property and stages it in typically 1-4 days.
The Listing Agent markets, shows and sells the staged property!
Prior to closing, UpStage's props are removed.
Pricing typically begins at $240. The more services needed and provided by UpStage, the higher the cost. It is important to note that our property styling services and "loan" of props are included in just one flat fee
for our Basic, Plus, Premium and r.e. Models service levels.
Q4: WHO PAYS THE STAGING FEE?
Normally, the Home Seller pays for our services. Our clients often report that they actually save money, or make money, by using our services. Therefore, our fees are typically covered in the increase in the home's listing price.
Q5: WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT SERVICE PACKAGES?
All Basic and Plus packages include the following:
- BASIC: Our Styling Team prepares the property working only with the sellers existing furniture, art, and accessories to achieve the best sales impact possible..
- PLUS: In addition to the Basic package, UpStage adds "props" to create a desired effect.
- MODEL:Complete furnishing and decorating of a vacant property.
Q6: WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO STAGE?
- Room-by-Room Home Evaluation;
- Yard & Garden Evaluation;
- Photo Documentation;
- Seller's Custom Open House Checklist;
- Staging: Furniture, Accessory & Framed Artwork Editing & Re-Arrangement;
- Pre-Packing of smaller items;
- Kitchen & Bath Editing;
- Task coordination of 3rd party independent contractors upon request.
- Presence on three websites to feature your property: www.upstagehomeredesign.ca, www.canadianstagingprofessionals.com, tinaparker.point2agent.com
BEFORE you call your REALTOR® and maximize your earning potential through a more accurate market analysis of your property.
2. What is Staging?
To compete in the marketplace you must be priced right and look better than other products. Your home is no different, it is one of many homes for sale and you must present it, to the buyers, in the best possible light.
Staging is the process of preparing any home for sale, regardless of price or location. Using a proven, professional set of guidelines your house is reviewed for compliance with preset standards, and any necessary modifications are made.
3. Why Stage?
Benefits of Staging
Addresses the disconnect between sellers and buyers.
- Capitalizes on the emotional impact of the first impression.
- Makes the property memorable in the eyes of home buyers.
- Creates an image of an inviting lifestyle that potential buyers picture themselves living.
Enhance's a home's positive features by properly arranging furnishings & accessories.
- Produces effectively dramatic results at a reasonable investment.
Makes a property more attractive to a broader range of buyers.
Adds furnishings & accessories (props) to complete the home's appeal to the largest home buying demographic possible.
Staging vs Decorating
Living in a space and selling a space are two very different things and should be treated as such.
The vast difference:
- Sell 2-3 times faster
- Sell for 3-10% more money than non-staged
- Show better in photos and marketing promotions
- Attract more buyers, and more purchasing offers
- Eliminate buyers chipping away at the 'asking price'
- Show your level of commitment to your REALTOR®
- Prepare and organize you for moving to your new location
- Assure you've secured the best possible deal
is very personal, reflecting individual taste and style.
is impersonal, requiring a trained and objective eye to help the seller see past the lived in memories and apply proven techniques to showcase the home so a potential buyer doesn't feel like a guest... rather they feel "at home" and begin to imagine themselves living there.
Preparing a home for sale can be a significant factor in selling for higher profits and in a shorter amount of time. Independent studies have confirmed these assertions as well as internal market surveys.